Terms and Conditions
In these Terms, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘owners ‘ refer to Annotationlabs.com. In these Terms “you”, “user”, “your” refers to the organization, individual or whosoever is using our services and website.
Amendments and modifications
Payment, once received, will be considered final, and will not be refunded. We will also give a refund if your credit card is erroneously charged for any extra amount. We aim to achieve 95%+ accuracy through our free revision facility for annotated data sets. No refund will be given for your inability of your Machine Learning process to successfully use our annotated datasets. Any amount of credits under your account due to promotions and rewards from us will not be refunded in cash. They can only be used against usage of services with us.
Ownership and rights
– You own all rights in your Content (or that you have acquired all necessary rights in the Content from the actual owner) to enable you to grant to us the rights to such Content
– You have paid and will pay in full all fees and other financial obligations (if any) arising from the posting of your Content
– Your Content is not defamatory in nature, and does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity or any other legal or moral rights of any third party
You retain ownership of all intellectual property and proprietary rights to any Content that you post on the Site or send to us through email. However, by submitting, sending or otherwise making your Content available on or through the Site, you hereby grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, freely transferable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, and publicly display your Content in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You also hereby waive any moral rights you may have in such Content under the laws of any jurisdiction. You hereby appoint us as your agent with full power to enter into and execute any document and/or do any act reasonably necessary or appropriate to confirm the grant of rights, consents, agreements, assignments and waivers set forth in these Terms. You acknowledge that the display of your Content for any period of time is sufficient consideration for the license granted herein to us.
Code of conduct
You are NOT allowed to post to the Site, send us any Content through website or email or any other way which cause the following:
– Access or use the Site in any way that is harmful, in violation of these Terms, or in any way that is not in full compliance with any applicable local, state, national or international law, regulation, or statute (including export laws)
– Hack into, access, tamper with, or use services or areas of the Site that you are not authorized to access
– Alter, tamper, damage, or delete any information on the Site that are not your own
– Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access the Site, to extract data or to gather or use information (such as email addresses) available from the Site in order to transmit unsolicited advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters” or “pyramid schemes”
– Make it look like we have endorsed you or your Content for any purpose except as we have expressly permitted in writing
– Spoof or impersonate any person or entity, register under a false name, use an invalid or unauthorized credit card, or use another user’s Account
– Falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity
– Reverse engineer any aspect of the Site or do anything that might bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any area, Content or code of the Site (except as otherwise expressly permitted by law)
– Send to or otherwise impact the Site (or anything or anyone else) with harmful, illegal, deceptive or disruptive code such as a virus, “spyware,” “adware” or other code that could adversely impact the Site or any recipient
– Interfere with another user’s transaction, disrupt the normal flow of communication, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to access or use the Site or to engage in real-time exchanges or transactions
– Collect or store personal information about other users without their permission, or stalk or harass other users in any way
– Take any action which might impose a significant burden (as determined by us) on the Site’s infrastructure or computer systems, or otherwise interfere with the ordinary operation of the Site.
Limitation on liability
In no event shall we, affiliates, partners, directors or our employees be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages (including but not limited to loss of business, profits, data, use, revenue or other economic advantage), arising out of or in connection with our site, our services or the terms based on any theory, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. The limitation of damages set forth above is a fundamental element of the basis of the bargain between us and you. This site and the information would not be provided without such limitations. In no event will our liability, and the liability of owners, affiliates, partners, directors or our employees, to you or any third parties in any circumstance exceed the greater of the amount of fees you paid to us in 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability.
The 3rd Party (freelancer experts / contracted specialists) associated with Annotationlabs.com, may create various white papers, case studies and marketing materials. Such materials are a property of Annotationlabs.com, and 3rd Party does not have any copyright or ownership of the various content developed. All ownership is transferred to the website once we receive the content from such 3rd Party.
CHOICE OF LAW – The Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of India, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
DISPUTES; DISPUTE RESOLUTION – All disputes, claims and controversies, of any sort or nature, between us, arising out of the use of the Site (“Dispute”), shall be resolved solely pursuant to the following procedure:
(1) notification to the other party of the facts of the Dispute, the legal basis for the Dispute, and all damages claimed, in writing delivered to (a) the User’s email address on file with us, or in either case (b) Annotation Labs Head Office: Syncretic Technologies, situated at BB – 52, Salt Lake City, Sector – 1, Kolkata – 700064, West Bengal, India, whichever is applicable (“Dispute Notification”)
(2) allowance of thirty (30) days from receipt of the Dispute Notification to receive a response to and/or offer to remedy the Dispute
The parties expressly agree that there shall be no class claims, consolidation or joinder allowed in any dispute between the parties, and that no claim may be made through an action purporting to represent a class of Site users or otherwise asserting claims on behalf of a class (“Waiver”). In the event this Waiver is found to be unenforceable. Dispute resolution process shall be voided in its entirety, and the parties may file a complaint in the courts located in Kolkata – India and agree to waive any and all jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections.
The Terms constitute the complete and exclusive statement of the Agreement between you and us. You agree that Annotation Labs may assign the Terms to any other entity of its choosing, with or without notice to you. It supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous agreement, oral or written, and any other communications, representations, warranties and understanding relating to the subject matter of the Terms.